Marine Ecology Course
Now is a great time to renew your passion for scuba diving by doing some self-study with the Marine Ecology specialty course. It serves as a foundation for understanding the marine environment and not just for diving on Koh Tao and you do not have to be a scuba diver either. It is open to anyone and you can study from the comfort of home or set aside some time whenever you can, the course schedule is your own.
What is it about?
- In short, it explains how the oceans are made up of many different ecosystems with a broad range of differing characteristics.
- How and why the open oceans, coral reefs, intertidal zones and estuaries are different and how it has lead to the diverse life they contain in their differing ecosystems.
- It explains what effects the physical components of the oceans, such as water, temperature, movement and salinity.
- Not forgetting the impacts that humans as well as mother nature have and how we can influence its health and recovery.
You will have a greater understanding of the marine environment that you will dive or just swim in and can be a foundation for other ecology or dive courses that you will study.
How long does it take?
- There are 6 chapters to read with a short quiz after each one, followed by an online exam.
- You can take the exam as many times as necessary to achieve the required 100% pass rate. If you are a quick study it could take you just 1 day.
Who can take the course?
- Anyone over the age of 10 years can 🙂 you don’t need to be a diver so your friends can do the course too, let them know about it.
- There are no dives required to complete the course although it would be great if you want to do some.
How much does it cost?
- Times are hard right now for many people, so the cost is very cheap, just 2,000 baht which can be paid via Paypal.
How can I register?
- If you are already a Mojo customer contact us either by email [email protected] or through Facebook and we can register the course for you once you have paid a deposit of 1,000 baht.
- Once we have registered you will receive an email with access to the course through the MySSI app.
- If you are not a Mojo customer but want to complete the course you will need to register with SSI first at www.divessi.com, not forgetting to choose Mojo Divers as your dive centre.
- Then contact us as above.
Get more information on SSI’s other engaging Ecology programs, click on the following link:
How do I sign up for diving on Koh Tao?
Contact us 🙂 Easy.
Any questions? We are here for you 7 days a week. Drop us an email [email protected] or message here on Facebook.