The Enriched Air Nitrox course, or nitrox for short, will teach you how to safely plan and dive with enriched air mixtures of up to 40% oxygen. Diving with nitrox can increase your no-decompression limits, reduce the required length of your surface intervals when compared to air and increase your safety. There are 2 nitrox courses the 32% and 40%, both have different SSI certifications but you can take the Enriched Air Nitrox 32 completely online, and if you dive with an SSI school before the end of 202o you can get a free upgrade to Enriched Air Nitrox 40.
What is it about?
- The nitrox course is my second or third suggested course after your open water course, the other is the advanced. By adding oxygen and reducing the nitrogen in your tank and there by default reduce the load in your body, you gain longer bottom times. If you are doing many dives over a short period such as a holiday or a liveaboard /A lower nitrogen load is especially desirable if you do several dives within one day for example on a liveaboard.
- Enriched Air Nitrox 32 is an academic course only but until the end of 2020 if you are able to go diving you will get a free upgrade to Enriches Air Nitrox 40 when you can start diving again. On this course you will learn to use and analyse enriched air as a breathing gas, to plan your dive and dive your plan with nitrox, and understand how nitrox affects you beneath the surface.
Check out the trailer here:
What is included?
- The digital materials and digital certification, exam and any online academic sessions with an instructor.
Who can take the course?
- Minimum 10 years old
- Certified diver from any diving agency, not only an SSI diver.
How much does it cost?
- Normally this course is 5,000b but we understand that times are tough but we still want you to continue your diving education. The cost is 3,000 for this year.
How do I sign up?
- Contact us 🙂 Easy
- SSI Diver already? Simply log in to MySSI and register for the Science of Diving. If you have the MySSI app on your phone don’t forget to use that.
- Certification from another agency? No problem, head to www.divessi/register. Remember to add Mojo Divers as your dive centre so we can be in touch with you and follow your progress as you read the materials. Do not forget to Download the MySSI app for the best learning experience.
Start reading! The exam is now online as well, you will have to get 100% but you can have as many attempts as you need, hopefully just the one! If you are not sure about a subject or section then online academics can help.
Any questions? We are here for you 7 days a week. Drop us an email [email protected] or message here on Facebook.