Did you know there are 7 species of turtle living in our oceans and seas and as a species they have been around more than 125 million years…that’s longer than the Eastenders TV show! On Koh Tao (aka Turtle Island) there are 84 individual turtles that have been identified and named. If you find a new one you can choose the name.
What is the course about?
- You will learn about the history of these marine reptiles, their threats for survival, how they reproduce and cope with challenges.
- You will learn how to recognise and identify the seven different species.
- Distinguish the mating patterns of each species.
- Look at the different types of turtle migrations and see how they differ from other marine animals.
- Learn the reasons for their current decline and what can be done to reduce the impact.
How long does it take?
- There are 5 chapters to read with a short quiz after each one, followed by an online exam.
- You can take the exam as many times as necessary to achieve the required 100% pass rate. If you are a quick study it could take you just 1 day but there is no fixed schedule.
Who can take the course?
- Anyone over the age of 10 years and you don’t need to be a diver so your friends can do the course too, let them know about it.
- You do not need to be an SSI certified diver either.
- There are no dives required to complete the course although it would be great if you want to do some.
How much does it cost?
- Times are hard right now for many people, so the cost is very cheap just like our other ecology courses it is only 2,000 baht which can be paid via Paypal.
How can I register?
- If you are already a Mojo customer contact us either by email [email protected] or through Facebook and we can register the course for you once you have paid a deposit of 1,000 baht.
- Once we have registered you will receive an email with access to the course through the MySSI app.
- If you are not a Mojo customer but want to complete the course you will need to register with SSI first at www.divessi.com, not forgetting to choose Mojo Divers as your dive centre.
- Then contact us as above.