Wreck Diving Specialty Course
Wondering what diving certification to get next on Koh Tao? What about the Wreck speciality course? Shipwrecks are a great haven for marine life as well as being very interesting and inspiring for divers to explore. Asia has a great many wrecks in shallow, clear waters so doing the Wreck Specialty opens up so many of these dive sites to explore safely. Wrecks have a great many hazards to be aware of and you should not treat them as simple fun dives. It is great to combine this course with the Deep Specialty taking you to 40m and then 90% of dive sites around Asia are open to you.
How to earn your Wreck Diving Cert on Koh Tao?
There are 4 main chapters to read plus an exam which can all be done online now, plus 2 open water dives.
- The first chapter covers how to select a wreck site, understand the three categories of wrecks, the various shipwreck laws and types of protection, how to research a shipwreck and how to research for information.
- The second chapter covers your wreck diving equipment, lists the different types of basic wreck diving equipment, describes the recommended method of placing equipment, how to secure your diving equipment, explains safety lines, and when and how to use them.
- The third chapter covers locating a wreck, your options for travelling to wreck sites, and lists options for locating shipwrecks.
- The fourth chapter is about diving the wreck, how to plan your dive, understand proper procedures for exploring wrecks, describe possible hazards and how to avoid them, understand proper surface and exit procedures following your dive.
- Then an online exam.
- There are a minimum of 2 open water dives that are required, we do these in the morning at the HTMS Sattakut. Before you know it you have earned another scuba certification on Koh Tao.
How long does it take?
- There are 4 chapters to read with a short quiz after each one, followed by an online exam.
- You can take the exam as many times as necessary to achieve the required 100% pass rate. If you are a quick study it could take you just 1 day but there is no fixed schedule or timetable for the theory.
- Then there is a morning to complete the 2 open water dives.
Who can take the course?
- Anyone over the age of 15 years and a certified advanced diver as our purposely sunk training wreck on Koh Tao is between 18m and 30m.
- You do not need to be an SSI certified diver either.
How much does it cost?
- 7,500, a 2,000b deposit is required.
How can I register for wreck diving Koh Tao?
- If you are already a Mojo customer contact us either by email [email protected] or through Facebook and we can register the course for you once you have paid a deposit of 2,000 baht.
- Once we have registered you will receive an email with access to the course through the MySSI app.
- If you are not a Mojo customer but want to complete the course you will need to register with SSI first at www.divessi.com, not forgetting to choose Mojo Divers as your dive centre.
- Then contact us as above.